The contract for the
first phase of works of about Rs 78 crore was awarded to M/s IVRCL,
Hyderabad. The work of construction of IGCARL buildings has started on
24-3-2008. The main building i.e., Research Block will be completed by
December, 2008 and inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister. The
second phase including a few buildings, roads, compound wall,
electricity and water supply etc which will go on simultaneously is
estimated to cost about Rs 100 crore. Tenders will be called for these
items of work on 26-5-2008. The Civil Engineering Department of Osmania
University Engineering College has been assigned third party quality
inspection work in addition to M/s DHV India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi doing
third party quality inspection work of all APIIC works.
Indira Gandhi Centre for Advanced Research on Livestock Company Private Limited
Indira Gandhi Centre for Advanced Research on Livestock Company Private Limited has been incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 as a private limited company by the Assistant Registrar of Companies, Andhra Pradesh on 11-11-2008. Following are the Directors of the company:
1. Dr, Priyadarshi Dash, IAS, Special Chief Secretary to Government, Department of
Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development and Fisheries
2. Sri B. P. Acharya, Chairman & Managing Director, APIIC
3. Sri N. P. Ramakrishna Reddy, Special Secretary to Government and OSD to
4. Dr. D. V. G. Krishnamohan, Vice-Chancellor, SVVU
5. Sri D. Muralidhar Reddy, Executive Director, APIIC
Inauguration of Research Block
The Research Block of IGCARL, Pulivendula was inaugurated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister on 25-1-2009.
Meetings of the Board of Directors
The dates for meetings of the Board of Directors of Indira Gandhi Centre for Advanced Research on Livestock Company Private Limited and the important decisions taken are as follows:
1. First meeting: 30-12-2008 at 3 pm. in the chambers of the Special Chief Secretary, AH, DD &F Department, A. P. Secretariat, Hyderabad.
The Board authorized the Special Secretary to Government and OSD to IGCARL to take action on the following items:
1. Printing of share certificates
2. Preparing the common seal of the company
3. Applying for PAN and TAN numbers
4. Opening of bank account
5. Transfer of land to IGCARL
6. Engaging the services of a practising company secretary
The Board approved the JV agreement to be executed between IGCARL and Consortium of IMAC Inc. & Dodla Dairy Ltd and authorized Sri N. P. Ramakrishna Reddy to execute the same on behalf of the company.
2. Second meeting: 7-2-2009 at 2-30 pm in the Board room of APIIC, Hyderabad.
The Chairman of M/s Indus Gene Expressions Inc. made a presentation of their proposal. It was agreed to allot 100 acres of land in Non-SEZ area and 50 acres of land in SEZ area of IGCARL apart from giving 47000 sft area in the Research Building. The letter of allotment of 100 acres of land in Non-SEZ area and laboratory space to M/s Indus Gene Expressions Inc. was issued on 26-2-2009. An extent of 50 acres was allotted by APIIC in Biotech SEZ on 25-1-2009. The activities proposed and the facilities that would be developed by M/s Indus Gene Expressions Inc. at IGCARL are mainly in the following categories:
1. Research and development in livestock and biotechnology
2. Biochemistry and molecular biology and chemical synthesis laboratories as well as laboratories for infectious diseases (Bacteriology, Virology and Immunolgy)
3. Animal Diagnostics Laboratory
4. Imaging centre for pre-clinical and clinical evaluations of new interventional drugs
5. Institute for infectious diseases
6. Setting up of a cGMP Facility for contract manufacturing of bio-pharmaceuticals.
3. Third meeting: 18-4-2009 at 3-30 pm in the chambers of the Special Chief Secretary, AH, DD &F Department, A. P. Secretariat, Hyderabad.
Dr. L. Mohan, Chief Executive Officer, IGCARL has been appointed as a Director of the Company. The draft lease agreement between IGCARL and M/s Indus Gene Expressions was approved.
Appointment of company law consultant
Sri Prabhakar Battula of M/s Prabhakar Battula & Co. Company Secretaries has been appointed as company law consultant to IGCARL on 24-3-2009
. Appointment of Chief Executive Officer
A Search Committee was constituted in G.O.Ms.No.89 AH, DD & F (AH.II) Department dated 8-10-2007 for selection of suitable person to head IGCARL. The Search Committee met on 14-11-2008 and selected Dr. L. Mohan, Director of Animal Husbandry, Hyderabad as number one for the post. Consequent to incorporation of IGCARL as a Private Limited Company, Government have decided to have the Chief Executive Officer instead of Director General as executive head of IGCARL. The Government in G.O.Rt.No.125 AH, DD & F (AH.II) Department dated 26-2-2009 kept Dr. L. Mohan, Director of Animal Husbandry, Hyderabad in full additional charge of the post of Chief Executive Officer, IGCARL Pvt. Ltd. Dr. L. Mohan has assumed charge of the post on 9-5-2009 AN.